11.30.2009

'Tis a Far, Far Better Thing I Do


But seriously, the hardest thing I've ever had to do is get Joshua to try something he doesn't already know he likes.


Why is that hard? Because I like to cook weird crap. Ask the French-toast fried oranges Emily and I made. Ask those disgusting egg fries. Ask that chicken cacciatore. Joshua knows enough to be cautious when I say, "I'll make something cool for supper."


This time, though, I really am making something cool for supper--a salad I made up and a salad dressing I made up. I don't have all the right ingredients, but I didn't have all the right ingredients for the cacciatore, either, and that had minimal consequences at worst. Remember this blog's motto: "There is no ingredient so crucial that it can't be substituted for."


I believe that whole-heartedly. I also believe that, with time, I can convince Joshua that it's true. If all goes well, I'll tell you about the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment