5.15.2010

Not by Bread Alone

I seem to consume a lot when I'm in the middle of a really productive period.  Not a lot of food, but lots of liquids and information.  If I can get away with it, I'll spend about 50% of my day reading stuff online, learning about random things (recent searches from my laptop: "difference between baking soda and baking powder," "what is Esperanto?", "seraphim," "surname meanings 'w'," "graphic novels," and "egg substitutions").  The rest of my day (50% for those of you who can't do the math) I spend writing and drinking.  Coffee is the most obvious, since you can smell it when you walk in.  Water, however, is the most copious.  For every gallon of coffee I drink while working, I'd say I drink at least four gallons of water.

But really, if you wanted to get technical about it, I probably spend 40% of my day reading online, 40% writing and drinking, and 20% of my day going to the bathroom.  Because nothing goes through you faster than coffee, water and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment